Wednesday, June 13, 2007

You Have Selected...REGICIDE. If You Know The Name Of The King Or Queen Being Killed...PRESS ONE!


(Despite 'Sports' being the third word in this blog's title, I realize I've been remiss about posting about sports (not that I haven't been remiss about posting in general lately). So here's my first attempt at doing something of a daily sports post about the previous day's developments.)

Well, you can more or less write off the Cleveland Cavaliers, down 0-3 to Spurs, thanks to a lackluster offensive effort last night (who-hoo, they scored over 70!) and a mysterious no-call on the final play of the game. LeBron James was absolutely, unequivocally fouled by Bruce Bowen just before he took his final 3-pointer (which, like every other futile Cav 3-pointer, clanged off the rim). You'd think that in the final five seconds of a Finals game, the officials might, just might, have their eyes on whoever has the ball? But I guess not, and its sad to see King James not able to get a call that friggin' GraMaMa got back in 1999.

I admit, I'm no Cavs fan, I just strongly dislike the Spurs and their brand of boringly-solid basketball (not to mention their endless Eva cutaways). And as much as I'd like to watch the LeBron put his team on his shoulders and do the unthinkable, I'm fully aware of how much the Cavs suck. They're like a team of younger siblings who try oh-so-hard but simply aren't tall or strong enough to pull it out. Their only hope is to bow out with some dignity, and concentrate on surrounding James with some quality players (not guys who look like Sideshow Bob).

Speaking of Anderson Varejao, anyone notice the Cleveland faithful's horrified gasp when LeBron handed him the ball with ten seconds remaining? Sideshow drove awkwardly to the hoop and threw up an ugly no-look shot that banged off the backboard, but the funny thing is the crowd gasped before Varejao even made a move, like as if to say "oh please God not him! Anyone but him!" Made me laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter